I AM BACK- 2015 DRAMA CATCH UP

After disappearing from my blog for 6 months, I am finally back. No, I did not give up on the blog nor give up on dramas but I was so busy with school and life and work so blogging was something I could not find myself setting time aside for. I STILL DO WATCH DRAMAS YES but I have to admit, my love for drama isn't flaming the way it was.... (Yes... 2015's drama was pretty disappointing) But the year isn't done yet so hopefully upcoming dramas like She Was Pretty, The Village, Oh My God (SO JI SUB IZ BACK), Bubble Gum, Cheer Up, Cheese In The Trap, Good Bye Mr Black, D-Day (Honestly, I don't exactly want to watch this but Jung So Min is back like finally so....) will finally up their game and cover all the disappointments we had this year.

I manage to watch a lot of dramas this year BUT gave up on a handful of them after a few episodes and some even when I am finishing. (YES SOME WERE PRETTY DARN BAD OR BORING I GAVE UP).
DRAMAS I GAVE UP ON


1.Divorce Lawyers In Love

It wasn't terrible but it had such a typical drama formula and the female lead was irritating me to the core (The character not the actress) The otp feels weird and I just simply didn't want to invest more time on this.

2. Let's Eat 2
 
I have to definitely explain why I gave this up after ep 2, YES I DID LIKE IT but I was on a diet and this drama was making me hungry at wrong timings and I was so afraid of screwing my diet up so..... WHY DO THEY MAKE THE FOOD LOOK SO DARN GOOD T_T

3. Hyde, Jekyll, Me

I doubt any explanation is needed

4.Someone Like You (Taiwan)


















I gave up after finishing 17/20 eps because I felt bored, it wasn't bad but nothing good to keep me watching. (I am very happy Kingone Wang is finally getting a well deserved leading man gig and the drama was a huge success in Taiwan in terms of popularity and ratings)

5. Shine Or Go Crazy

I actually enjoyed it initially but halfway through I found myself getting tired of the characters and the story so I gave up and moved on. I did LOVE the costumes, makeup and posters for the drama though. The 2 leading ladies look great, Honey Lee's costume and makeup were simply stunning.

6. Heart To Heart

Plenty of good reviews for this show but just not my cup of tea

7. Punch

I honestly think people are going to slap me for this. I've heard rave reviews for Punch and so decided to try 2 episodes but I guess I was looking for something lighter so gave up. (NO I AM NOT SAYING IT'S BAD, I previously gave up on History Of Salaryman and ended up watching it again few months later when I am bored AND IT BECAME MY TOP FAVOURITE DRAMAS OF ALL TIME), I guess I just chose the wrong time to watch this so I will probably give it another shot next time.

-ON A SIDE NOTE: In case you are wondering why my drama ratings are pretty high despite the show being average or even bad it is mainly because I won't usually rate dramas I can't even finish (to be fair) and I don't like bringing dramas down and criticizing it badly as others may enjoy it. (Different taste in dramas)-

AND NOW FOR DRAMAS I'VE WATCHED FINISH (AS OF 9/24/15.. btw I am currently watching Oh My Ghost and I am loving every bit of it):

1. I Remember You/Hello Monster

Personal Ratings: 9.5/10
How much it deserves: 9-9.5/10
Surprised, definitely pleasantly surprised. I wasn't planning to watch this since I have bad memory with Korea's cop dramas (YAAS was a nightmare for me sorry) but I did hear nice stuff about this drama despite it having only a small fan base and low ratings so gave it a shot. (SEO IN GUK OPPA DID HIS JOB IN MAKING ME WATCH THIS TOO SO.....) I watched this with a open mind so despite being highly unrealistic with it's main mystery, I still enjoyed it, the side characters were surprisingly lovable (Park Bo Gum, Choi Won Young, Lee Chun Hee and even EXO's D.O. who's a cameo impressing me) The drama was paced pretty nicely and I did enjoy the fact that the drama didn't fully develop the romance since I think it would actually pull down the drama. Seo In Guk's acting was undeniably impressive and it seems that he's drama always end up better than my expectations. I do like the 2 main characters although the female lead was a stalker but since she's stalking Seo In Guk who's getting cuter and cuter, yes her actions are being forgiven. I do like the cases in the drama, the writer did a pretty good job in it so it's sad to see this drama being easily forgotten and didn't manage to catch both domestic and international viewer's attention.
The drama definitely has it's fair share of flaws but it was worth the watch and a pleasant surprise for me.

2. High Society

Personal Ratings: 8.5/10
How much it deserves: 8/10
Lim Ji Yeon and HyungSik came out of no where and stole the show. The drama was a treat visually with the chic fashion and pretty looking leads but story wise it wasn't anything special and was in fact sometimes boring. Uee and Sung Joon do have chemistry but was badly written and undeveloped properly so Lim Ji Yeon and Hyung Sik easily stole the limelight being a cute bickering couple, I found myself skipping the drama just to watch the 2 of them and couldn't actually bother about Sung Joon and Uee.

3. Orange Marmalade

Personal Ratings: 8/10
How much it deserves: 7/10
I did not read the web toon because I don't read web toons but I've certainly heard the buzz and popularity of it so it definitely raise my expectations but I really have no idea what I was watching. The drama went from year 2015 to saeguk and back to 2015 for no apparent reasons and with 0 logic (not that I was expecting any but..) I highly don't recommend this but my close friend actually loved it so..... (is this just me?)

4. Producer

Personal Ratings: 9/10
How much it deserves: 9/10
I did enjoy this and found the length of the drama (12 episodes) great as it was paced nicely. After creating You Who Came From The Stars, the writer decided to come back with Producers and manage to get a stellar cast and even bringing back Kim Soo Hyun thus the expectations for this were brought up high. I did like the 4 characters and found all 4 shining in their own way which is not a easy task since it's hard to write a drama with 4 leads at a equal status (..almost...?), I did read comments of people saying Cha Tae Hyun is being over shadowed here but I choose to disagree because I felt that all 4 characters were pretty developed and manage to become equally likable. I do like the relationships between the 4 characters with the weird love square thing going on and I do like the fact that it wasn't developed since it will probably become really cliché and give me those corny kdrama feels. Definitely worth the watch despite not being fantastic.

5. Warm & Cozy

Personal Ratings: 8.5/10
How much it deserves: 8/10
Believe it or not, this is by the beloved Hong Sisters that created the lovely Master Sun, My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho and even Greatest Love. Why on earth was this created... it wasn't bad but definitely not the standards of Hong Sisters (I even enjoyed BIG), a disappointment since this is also Yoo Yeon Seok's first proper drama lead and also Kang So Ra's first proper leading lady role on the big 3 TV channel. (I've got no idea if I should count Dream High 2 since I didn't watch it) The drama was warm and I do like the cooking bits of the show but that's it.... THAT'S IT. This is nothing like Hong Sister's past work and hopefully, the next one will finally be back on their game.

6. Ex Girlfriend Club

Personal Ratings: 8.5-9/10
How much it deserves: 8.5-9/10
The synopsis sounded weird and not the typical kdrama but it ended up being pretty funny and light hearted. It was pretty fun to watch despite it being occasionally too weird but I do appreciate the tone of the story and that it didn't add too much useless drama.

7. Who Are You- School 2015

Personal Ratings: 9.5/10
How much it deserves: 9/10
The drama decides to be highly unrealistic but it was highly addictive and enjoyable so who cares. Kim So Hyun killed it, she looks so gorgeous throughout and her acting was highly impressive as always (she's 16!!!!!!!!!!!!) The drama certainly stirred up shipping wars and I was definitely on Yook Sung Jae's side (Yes Nam Joo Hyuk is still cute) Sung Jae reminds me of Seo In Guk in looks and can certainly become a great acting idol (He has already gotten a leading man gig on the upcoming SBS Village). The story was addictive despite being far from reality, I enjoyed watching it and found myself yearning for more.

8. Sensory Couple/The Girl Who Sees Smell

Personal Ratings: 9.5-10/10
How much it deserves: 9.5/10
It sounded bad initially.. A girl who sees smell....? BUT IT WAS SO CUTE AND SO ADDICTIVE AND SO GOOD. Park Yoo Chun was cute as always, this is my first time watching Shin Se Kyung (I've heard terrible stuff about her everywhere) but damn she's so cute. I found her cute in Running Man and maybe I am lucky having this being the first drama of hers that I'm watching and also one of the first drama where she's getting praise for her acting. The drama was effortlessly sweet, addictive, fun, cute and everything I wasn't expecting. Huge thumbs up to Sensory Couple for satisfying my senses *Lame Puns sorry*

9. Angry Mom

Personal Ratings: 9/10
How much it deserves: 9.5/10
Dealing with the same theme of bullying as School 2015, this was WAY WAY DARKER and much more closer to reality. (I guess?) The story definitely ensured quality and was heart breaking but perhaps it was a little too dark for my taste. I did enjoy it and found myself hating the baddies but didn't manage to fall in love with it but still, the drama is undeniably solid with a great cast and a good story line.

10. Super Daddy Yeol

Personal Ratings: 8.5/10
How much it deserves: 8/10
I had super high expectations for this since the posters and teasers were so damn cute but it was not what I was hoping for. It was still cute and fun but it didn't live up to it's potential. Lee Yoo Ri is one of my all time favorite actresses (Ice Adonis and even as the evil Min Jung in Jang Bo Ri Is Here) but I felt that she actually kind of over acted here. (Yes I do know that some scenes are meant to be like that since it's meant to be comical and funny but it didn't feel comfortable watching it) It isn't bad but my expectations were placed way too high.

11. Fool's Love/Ho Gu's Love

Personal Ratings: 8.5/10
How much it deserves: 8.510
Ho Gu's love was fun and I think that's my only and best word to describe this drama. It was nothing fantastic but it feels more like a down to earth drama with little unexpected weird twist to create sparks. I do like the tone of the drama and yes despite being a comedy, it was heavier and darker most of the time which was quite alright since it is pretty well balanced.

12. Mama

Personal Ratings: 9/10
How much it deserves: 8.5/10
Despite being highly similar with Super Daddy (Yes I am aware this came out first), it was really different in terms of tone and overall gives a complete different vibe. This drama definitely goes for a more serious and family drama tone and Super Daddy goes for a more casual and fun tone. I can't really compare the two and can't say I love either but they are both worth the watch. Mama was interesting and I was impressed by the acting of the young boy in the drama (Yoon Chan Young)

13. My Lovely Girl

Personal Ratings: 9/10
How much it deserves: 8/10
Believe it or not, I actually liked this way more than i'm supposed to. Blend story line with blend acting, I wasn't supposed to like this but I did. I have to admit I like Krystal a little more than I should (I love her as an individual for her fashion and singing), honestly, I feel that she didn't exactly do a horrible job, she was supposed to be a typical candy female lead, WHAT CAN WE EXPECT? I have to admit she didn't do a fantastic job and maybe if they casted an actual actress, it will be better but I don't think she do deserve all the horrible criticism she was getting. Story was blend (aka boring) but maybe that's was I appreciated about it, no useless drama and baddies and more of the warm and calm feeling. My Lovely Girl is a drama I won't recommend since IT IS boring most of the time but since I enjoyed it, maybe you will appreciate it too.

14. Witch Romance



Personal Ratings: 8.5/10
How much it deserves: 8.5/10
I have to admit, if they changed the female lead, I will probably like this a lot more. Please do not hate me for saying this (Yes, I am not going to deny that I am sallow to a certain extend), Uhm Jung Hwa looks like Park Seo Joon's mother. I can never get how Koreans love her for her sexy appeal (ok yes she was once young) and I kind of feel like she's overacting sometimes, I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST NOONA ROMANCE, in fact I love it when it's done right. For example, IHYV couple, Lee Jong Suk and Park Bo Young have a huge age gap too but they look more like siblings than a mother-son combo. With that said, I did enjoy the story (despite the female lead being slightly irritating sometimes) and no, I didn't watch the original Taiwan drama in which this is a remake of. I don't exactly recommend this but maybe I am just being bias so..........

15. Murphy's Law Of Love

Personal Ratings: 9-9.5/10
How much it deserves: 8.5/10
I always appreciate it when Taiwan dramas takes the effort to make cute/interesting/pretty opening videos and this drama wasn't an exception. The drama was pretty average but the best part was definitely the fact that it felt sincere and somehow, this drama doesn't give me the corny or "I knew that is going to happen" feel. The leads were cute and I do love the height difference between them hahaha, the drama didn't add in any evil characters/scheme or irritating aspects in which I highly appreciate. The female lead, Ivelyn Lee gives me a strong Cyndi Wang feel which I something I like since I love Cyndi but at the same time, this is definitely something that turns people off since there are many that dislike this kind of cuteness or feels irritated by the dumb cute feel of the character. (I actually like it) I do feel that the male lead, Danson Tang whom I am unfamiliar with is trying to become the next Aaron Yan with his acting style, hairstyle and looks but whatever it is, he IS cute haha. The drama was fun and light hearted with little torture so definitely a thumbs up from me.

16. Boysitter

Personal Ratings: 8.5/10
How much it deserves: 7.5/10
I initially enjoyed the drama and the concept of it, a women who got pregnant by her boyfriend that doesn't want to get married, decides to keep the baby and raise it herself overseas. Few years later, she becomes a successful office women and comes back to her old company where her baby's dad is working and becomes a super mummy that excels both in work and at home. The most frustrating in this drama is definitely the male lead that is highly irresponsible and my definition of cute and handsome at all. (I mean, if the character is played by someone like Aaron Yan, I have 0 problems with it since I can totally understand why he is so over confident and loved by so many women) The drama was pretty good in the beginning but starts to get bad as it goes on (The ending was.......) The drama kind of loses it purpose as it goes on further but I still kept on watching since it is short. The drama is worth a watch but just give up if you can't take it anymore.

17. Bad Guys
 
Personal Ratings: 9-9.5/10
How much it deserves: 9.5/10
It started of really well and interesting but as it goes on I actually start losing interest. The drama reminds me of the upcoming marvel movie, Suicide Squad where all the baddies get together to catch other baddies. The drama is rated NC16 and I highly believe that kids will be slightly disturbed since there are really gory scenes but it does make this drama seems more like a movie. The cast are pretty brilliant and solid in acting, Kang Ye Won certainly did caught my eye as the badass female police officer in the group with these tough man. Bad Guys is a rare drama and manages to stand out against other crime dramas since they all seem to go more towards the comedic road. (NOTE: this is my first and currently, only OCN drama)


thanks for reading my little blog xxx


Comments



  1. Admin, if not okay please remove!

    Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

    www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete


  2. Admin, if not okay please remove!

    Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

    www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. cuma pernah nonton sampai tamat school 2015, lets eat 2, dan the producer


    music director go ahead people

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment