2015-2016 short drama catch-up

I apologize for the lack of updates for so long.... life kept me so busy i couldn't even breathe properly.
1. Oh My Venus
Image result for oh my venus
Personal Ratings: 7.5/10
How much it deserves: 8/10
I love the whole cast but the show was missing something..... not exactly my cup of tea. (7.5 for it being easy and fun to watch)
2. Bluebird's House
Image result for bluebird house korean drama

Personal Ratings: 8.5/10
How much it deserves: 8/10
The beginning was good and slowly started getting a little shaky but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE CAST AND THE CHARACTERS (LEE SANG YEOB OMG). I like how it gives me less frustrations than other family dramas so that's a win.
3. Rosy Lovers
Image result for rosy lovers

Personal Ratings: 8.5/10
How much it deserves: 8.5/10
I think i like this a little more than i should, definitely one of my all time family dramas.
4. The Legendary Witch
Image result for the legendary witch
Personal Ratings: 8/10
How much it deserves: 7.5/10
The writing & directing didn't do much but i like the concept of the story. The win was the chemistry between the 5 ladies, that's a big YES.
5. The Village
Image result for the village drama
Personal Ratings: 7/10
How much it deserves: 7/10
I can see the writer's effort in making it gripping and exciting but the mystery vibe was a little missing which was the whole point of the drama.
6. Reply 1988
Image result for reply 1988
Personal Ratings: 8.5/10
How much it deserves: 8.5/10
I LOVED reply me 1997, couldn't go pass episode 4 of reply me 1994 but end up enjoying 1988. Not nearly as emotionally exciting or gripping as 1997 but it has it's own special traits, THE INTERACTION BETWEEN THE MUMMYS & THE FAMILIES are gold.
7. Doctors

Image result for doctors korean drama
Personal Ratings: 9.5/10
How much it deserves: 9/10
I understand why people dislike or found it boring BUT i loved this. I love all 4 characters despite their flaws & I love the story line and directing. Most people found this boring due to the lack of flavors in the story & i could understand that but it didn't affect me. (I was not expecting myself to love this due to the negativity around it but i do like storylines like this.. & i have to mention, THIS IS THE FIRST MEDICAL/HOSPITAL DRAMA I ACTUALLY ENJOYED)
8. Baek Hee Has Returned
Image result for baek hee has returned
Personal Ratings: 8/10
How much it deserves: 7.5/10
Positive: It was light and fun with a interesting cast. Negative: The "Who's my daddy" act got a bit irritating
9. Descendants Of The Sun
Image result for descendants of the sun
Personal Ratings: 9/10
How much it deserves: 8.5/10
Do i get the hype? Yes. Do i like it? Yes. Do i love it? Occasionally. Was the writing bad? No it wasn't but her advantage? She has a huge budget and chance to film overseas for so many months thus she has this advantage as compared to other drama screenwriters. I don't get the hate behind it but i don't get how people go crazy over it either.
10. Page Turner
Image result for page turner
Personal Ratings: 10/10
How much it deserves: 10/10
JUST WATCH IT.
11. Lucky Romance
Image result for lucky romance
Personal Ratings: 9.5/10
How much it deserves: 8.5/10
I honestly like this more than i should or more than it deserve but i could understand well why people didn't like this as much as i did: THE FEMALE LEAD IS KIND OF ANNOYING. I found it fine and overall it was still a great drama for me since it was light and fun and cute.
12. Marriage Contract
Image result for marriage contract
Personal Ratings: 9/10
How much it deserves: 9/10
i love the concept of "finding a new daddy for my kid because i am dying soon" but didn't like Mama/Super Daddy Yul as much as i hope i did. Marriage Contract is a melodrama so i never thought i would actually enjoy it but i did, credits to Uee for putting on a great performance.
13. Beautiful Gong Shim
Image result for beautiful gong shim
Personal Ratings: 9.5/10
How much it deserves: 9.5/10
This drama was full of surprises, pleasant surprises. I honestly was not planning on watching this because i didn't like any of the actors enough to watch something that looks boring BUT oh boy i was wrong, i LOVED this and LOVED every single character. I appreciate the drama for being light and fluffy (although the ending was way too laggy and could have been 4 episodes shorter).
15. Cheese In The Trap
Image result for cheese in the trap

Personal Ratings: 9.5/10
How much it deserves: 9.5/10
I've never read the webtoon so i had 0 expectations but it was interesting. I like the fact that i can easily relate to the problems faced by the characters in the drama because I am currently a college student too & i guess that's why i like it more than others did.
16. Signal
Image result for signal korean drama

Personal Ratings: 10/10
How much it deserves: 10/10
Emotionally gripping and exciting. JUST WATCH IT.
17. Police Unit 38
Image result for police unit 38
Personal Ratings: 9.5/10
How much it deserves: 9.5/10
5 minutes into episode 1 and i am already mentally sucked into the show. I LOVE HOW IT GIVES ME THE SAME VIBE AS WATCHING NOW YOU SEE ME (i absolutely love the movie btw). Towards the end my interest kind of dropped a little but i still adore the show. (Low key wished they would elaborate on the Sooyoung-Seo In Guk love line but realized i'm watching a OCN drama so i just kept my expactations low)
18. 100 Years Inheritance
Image result for 100 years inheritance
Personal Ratings: 7/10
How much it deserves: 5.5/10
Would highly stop anyone from watching this. Lee Jung Jin is cute and that's about it.

DRAMAS DROPPED
1. Madame Antoine
Stopped at: episode 2
I didn't like Sung Joon's character at all & the show was just boooooooring. *yawns*
2. God Of Noodles
Stopped at: episode 8
Honestly, i did enjoy the show but was so attracted to other dramas i decided to stop this. (but might pick it up again)
3. Come Back Mister
Stopped at: episode 2
It was cute but just wasn't my cup of tea.
4. Bubblegum
Stopped at: episode 3
It was slightly too plain for my liking.
5. Let's Fight Ghost
Stopped at: episode 2
I honestly did enjoy the first two episodes but decided to temporarily drop this for Oh Hae Young Again.

Comments

  1. Okay, first of all, I love your rating system. The rating vs. how it ought to be rated is a smart way of doing it.

    Secondly, I totally agree with pretty much all your ratings. I'm sort of ashamed to say that I actually dropped Descendants of the Sun at the very end :/ It was really good! And I could see why it was so hype. I just sort of lost the flow or something.

    Love your blog, and will follow along! Nice to meet you!

    Devon,
    www.devonandcornwall.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. dilist ini banyak banget film yang bagus bagus untuk ditonton


    mix lagu go ahead people

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment