Ma boy review


I apologize in advance if I get any facts wrong because I watched this really long ago so I may get mixed up haha. There are many dramas with girl become guy thing but this is the one and only(I think) drama with a guy becoming a girl. The show was rather well received by viewers being short and sweet(it's only 3 episodes).

THE CAST, CHARACTERS AND STORY

Kim So Hyun as Jang Geu Rim
Kim So Hyun is the sole reason why I watched this, she is one of the best and more popular teen actress around and after watching her in many dramas, I started to like her and have a girl crush on her ( she is the only girl crush I have on a actress younger than me haha i'm pretty young so all my female crushes are older than me ). Jang Deu Rim is your typical female student whom dreams of becoming a singer so she went to a art school in order to make her dream come true and she meets Irene who becomes her roommate but secretly, Irene is actually a guy that pretends to be a girl.

Sun Woong as Irene/Hyun Woo
I've never seen or heard of this idol actor but he did a pretty decent job here, somewhere around the standard of a rookie actor. Irene is a popular CF star who is admired by many girls and love by many guys but he is actually a guy in disguise.... let's just say he does look like a girl when he is suppose to but not pretty to the point that guys will go gaga over him (it's a drama so keep a open mind about that haha) It's actually much more challenging to make a guy into a girl then a girl into a guy, I can't say a good job is done here but it was pretty decent and cute haha.

  • Title: 마보이 / Ma Boy
  • Genre: Romance, comedy, youth
  • Episodes: 3
  • Broadcast network: Tooniverse
  • Broadcast period: 2012-Aug-16 to 2012-Aug-30
  • Air time: Thursday 21:00
  • Original Soundtrack: Ma Boy OST

  • Synopsis

    Jang Geu Rim (Kim So Hyun) is a student at an arts high school who dreams of becoming a pop singer. At school she gets a new roommate, Irene (Sun Woong) who’s actually a boy. Irene’s persona is a pretty Female CF star and his actual name is Hyun Woo.

    Personal Comments: The story barely has any logic so watch with a open mind and you will have fun haha it is interesting and different seeing a guy as a girl and the drama is fast paced and cute enough to keep me entertained for a few hours so it was worth it.

    Personal Ratings: 8.5/10
    Quality: 8.5/10

    

    Comments